The Victoria may come fully equipped with its own ghost but you'd be hard pushed to be scared away by this 19th Century theatre pub in Birmingham city centre. Characteristic and quirky murals cover the walls in this pub, making it a charismatic place to nip for after work drinks, but there's moreto…
Two Edinburgh Fringe Previews for just £10!
Show 1 - Simon Caine - Every Room Becomes a Panic Room When You Over Think Enough.
Comedian Simon Caine is going to Edinburgh 2019 with a new show. In order to do that, he needs to try out his new jokes on you, YES you.
In this latest show Simon looks at his relationship with happiness and social media and how they don't work together with "Quick one-liners [that] rub shoulders with more involved material that rewards you paying full attention" (The Wee Review) and "[his] eccentric turns of phrase and paranoid persona is immediately entertaining, and his tales of irrational exaggeration are simultaneously relatable"(Broadway Baby).
I've come close to winning 4 national comedy awards (semi-finalist), done over 1,300 gigs and toured the UK three times...if you like hilarious storytelling, witty one-liners and structured narrative-led comedy, this is the show for you.
Quotes from industry / comedians / writers about Simon -
“You’re a more authentic John Oliver” - comedian Doug Stanhope
“That was awesome. I liked it… I don’t know why. But it was great. I’ll have you back” – Mike Manera (Piccadilly Comedy Club)
“What you’re doing is great… the problem is nobody understands it.” – Iain Coyle (Dave TV Comedy Commissioner)
“This is one of the few comedians to make me howl with laughter this year…” – comedian Adam Bloom
Show 2 - Josh McAuley: Pretty, Handsome, Awkward
Josh McAuley is Manchester's premiere epileptic, partially deaf, bipolar, gay comedian. Unfortunately this all became obvious too late to be interesting as a teenager. Mental health issues were all the rage as an emo, as an adult it just makes holding down a job difficult. Join the man behind Gloria Hole for an evening of reminiscing, giggling and occasionally regretting.
"rude, quick witted and instantly strikes a good rapport with the audience" - Fringereview
|Unreserved seating||19:00 - 22:00||£10.00|
48 John Bright Street B1 1BN
Birmingham City Centre
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.